Our client is US based asset management company with newly established office in Warsaw and as Tax Associate you will become a member of a small team of experts located in various locations around the globe, reporting to a Senior Tax Manager based in the US.
- Preparing and performing initial reviews of U.S. income tax returns (Form 1065 – partnerships or 1040 - individuals), and tax estimates to assist with the tax compliance process as needed.
- Cooperating with Big4consultants
- Assisting with audits conducted by federal and state tax authorities.
- Operating proprietary internal software and automation to generate Schedules K-1 and tax return templates.
- Addressing ad-hoc queries from other departments, including (but not limited to) questions around foreign dividend withholding tax, ECI implications of trading publicly traded partnerships, and reviewing of the tax consequences of corporate action.
- Assisting with projects related to tax structuring, research, and planning.
- Previous experience withU.S. taxes (focus on partnerships would be ideal).
- Experience within financial services or asset management preferred.
- University Degree in Accounting or related field and/or strong accounting skills.
- Extensive Computer and Technology experience and skills including: Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required (ability to build macros using VBA a plus), Knowledge of SQL and other programming languages a plus
- Excellent English.
- Interest in working with technology and automation.
- Authorization to work in Poland.