Our client is a prestigious engineering company with global reach that has been a leader in serving the most discerning and sophisticated individuals and institutions with expertise in consulting, design, construction, and operations service. As part of the on-going development and expansion of their operations in Krakow, our client is now looking for a number of excellent specialists and senior specialists ready to use their knowledge and expertise to contribute to smooth growth of the centre in Krakow.
The Senior/Project Accountant plays a key role in tracking and reporting on the project’s financial performance:
- Works closely with Project Managers to devise the budget, facilitate the billing process and perform cost assessments for a particular project or portfolio.
- Serves as the liaison between the Project Managers and the finance department, ensuring all accounting standard operating procedures are followed.
- Analyse and verify of project data, including accruals, revenue and cost budgets, invoicing and project costs.
- Prepare and review of project accounts - (A/R), Work in Progress (WIP) on monthly basis for accurancy.
- Reconcile of project account ledgers and related information.
- Review and approve supplier invoices related to a project.
- Provides an initial level of compliance and checks-and-balances oversight for project specific financial transactions.
- Guarantee timely reporting, budgeting, financial management and project forecasting to clients.
- Perform additional assignments, as directed by the Supervisor.
- 3 -5 years of experience in Finance & Accounting.
- Understanding of accounting practices and principles including project costing, payables, and receivables.
- University degree in Finance & Accounting or related area.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication & stakeholders management.
- The ability to apply accounting/finance knowledge and technical skills to large number of diverse situations.
- The ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Experience with ERP systems (preferably Oracle Financials).
- The ability to understand and interpret data.