Our client is an award-winning international provider of financial services currently expending an operation in Krakow. To ensure overall success of the company, we are currently looking for Internal Control Expert.
- Assisting with risk assessments to identify areas requiring detailed testing.
- Participate in QA reviews, including assessing the internal control environment by conducting walkthroughs, developing testing strategies and performing control and sample data testing.
- Challenge, assess and detail test the design and operating effectiveness of key controls
- Document testing results in work papers.
- Assist in the identification and risk assessment of issues.
- Develop process and control improvements to remediate exceptions identified.
- Work with management to track issues to resolution.
- Develop subject matter expertise in regulatory requirements, best practices and expectations.
- Build relationships with key business stakeholders.
- Provide updates to management as needed
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance or a related field.
- ACCA, CIA, CFA certifications will be an advantage.
- Min.5 years of Audit, Risk or Compliance experience, preferably at a large financial institution.
- Knowledge of banking products and services, especially loans, deposits, securities and derivatives.
- Understanding of current accounting and regulatory reporting principles and policies.
- Understanding and appreciation of the internal control environment.
- Must be proactive and goal oriented strategic thinker, with ability to identify creative solutions.
- Staying current with evolving industry and regulatory changes and analyzing impact to external reporting process and compliance.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively challenge and influence.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and take on a challenging workload and assignments.