We’re looking for an extraordinarily bright, articulate and dedicated professional to join our client's Accounts Payable team. If you’re eager for a great opportunity to lead in a fast-paced and complex operational finance environment, this is the right opportunity for you.
- Have oversight, ownership and management of a team of professionals that are responsible for a wide range of responsibilities such as processing, coding and payment of vendor invoices, tax governance, filings and payments, supplier management, T&E audits, internal and external audits and vendor & client inquiries and requests.
- Set and facilitate the achievement of department objectives.
- Build and maintain strong cross functional relationships with employees, clients, and vendors.
- Manage vendor operational requirements across multiple geographies globally.
- Lead the preparation, review and timing of the monthly close of the financial records, balance sheet reconciliations, resolution of balance variances and posting of month-end information; ensure accuracy of financial statements.
- Collaborate with the HQ team timely, efficiently and effectively while managing U.S. time zone requirements and escalating potential issues proactively.
- Manage and collaborate with the third-party service provider responsible for managing and capturing invoices through their OCR system, including coding, supplier set ups and information sharing in Workday.
- Manage the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, procedures and policies to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Manage the preparation & reporting of various world-wide obligations.
- Document processes and policies and oversee their implementation.
- Candidates should have strong finance and accounting experience including experience with accounts payable and managing a team.
- Workday Financial Management system knowledge a plus.
- Superb planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work to meet deadlines while managing multiple priorities and talent.
- Strong proficiency in computer skills/experience including advanced Excel skills.
- Strong communication skills (English language verbal and writing skills).
- Experience in US sales/use tax and filings and certain foreign tax (VAT/GST/JST) is desirable.
- Skillful problem solver, resourceful, enjoys a fast-paced environment, and has strong attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship and customer management skills.
- Self-motivated, self-reliant with a hands-on approach.